Want to be the incredible party planner ? Read up our quick tips below!
Updated: May 20, 2019
Whether it’s your first time or just after a little inspiration from the world of Instagrammers & Snap chatters, there’s always that added pressure to throw an unforgettable party. And guess what? It’ not as simple as it looks.
Parties are like road trips, getting there is half the fun. Deciding on the theme, decorations and activities make the days leading up to the event seem like a part of the celebration itself.
Even the simplest party requires thorough planning and coordination and the sooner you start organizing for it, there will be less of a hustle during the main day. So, to ease out the planning for you, we have curated a list of quick tips for your next party.
Your Pre-Party Checklist
- Who is the party for? (business, family, friends)
- What's the reason for the party? (anniversary, birthday, some other special occasion)
- Date of the party
- Preferred location (for host and guest)
- Number of guests that you intend to call
- What type of party is it? (brunch, lunch, hi-tea & snacks, cocktails, dinner)
PARTY PLANNING checklist
- Prepare the guest list
- Decide the theme of the party (If any)
- Once the date and location is final, create an invitation
- Plan the menu (Welcome Drink, Starters, Main Course, Dessert, Beverages etc)
- Make shopping list (food, paper goods, decorations, props for photographs)
- Check for any additional equipment that maybe required (Table, chair, music system, lighting etc.)
- Plan the layout of the party room
- Plan music and lighting
- Think of a return gift (optional)
- List down a few games for guest engagement
- Check your stock of cleaning supplies for before and after the party
We suggest starting your event planning soon enough as this will leave you with a lot of time in hand to make all the necessary arrangements with peace. For the host, it’s critical to ensure that each and every guest is comfortable whilst enjoying themselves thoroughly. We hope these tips help you plan your party efficiently. Good Luck!